Learning Objectives - After listening to this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Engineered Wood Products (EWP) and their primary uses.
- Discuss the environmental advantages which come from using EWP.
- Leverage these benefits to make your project more environmentally sound.
- Identify and utilize the economies inherent in EWP.
- Describe the environmental, health and safety issues that can be associated with other framing products and how those can be reduced by using EWP.
- Identify what tools are available from EWP producers and associations to increase your project
|1 AIA LU/HSW|
Each choice in construction has an impact on the character of the finished product, whether your client wants an environmentally friendly home, a home that wears well over time, or is concerned about price and resale value. Each building starts with a base and a frame. In this course we are focusing on one option for frame design. Engineered wood products (EWP) are a strong, safe and green alternative to steel and dimension lumber for framing residential and light commercial projects.