Paintings and Coatings: Surface Preparation and Solutions to Common Paint Issues
This course is no longer active
Sponsored by Glidden Professional
Learning Objectives - After this course, you should be able to:
- %IDetermine best practices for surface preparation of drywall, wood, cement block, and metal
- %IDescribe general drywall preparation, and define each of the five drywall finish levels
- %IRecall metal surface cleaning methods and recoating practices
- %IDescribe paint ingredients and how they define the characteristics of paint, and
- %IIdentify common paint issues and solutions.
1 AIA LU/HSW
Provides an overview of the best surface preparation practices for drywall, wood, cement block, and metal, with a focus on paint ingredients and how paint adheres to the substrate. Included are discussions on common paint issues and solutions.