Learning Objectives - After listening to this course, you should be able to:
- Compare natural rubber to synthetic rubber in terms of their components and manufacturing processes, and defend the argument that using recycled rubber is a more sustainable choice than manufacturing new rubber
- Describe the environmental hazards posed by the dumping of post-consumer tires, and describe two methods used to recycle these tires
- Describe two types of indoor rubber flooring, their benefits and installation methods, and explain how these products meet the criteria for four principles of sustainable design
- Compare three types of exterior rubber products, their benefits and drawbacks, and how they contribute to sustainable landscape design projects, and
- Explain two green building certification programs, and relate them to case studies where certification was achieved
|1 AIA LU/HSW|
Provides an overview of interior and exterior recycled rubber surfacing products in terms of their sustainable design benefits and applications, and includes discussions on rubber manufacturing, post-consumer tires, and green building certification programs.