Learning Objectives - After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Describe the five classical orders of architecture.
- Discuss the features of today's architectural column options.
- Discuss the features and benefits of column materials such as wood, fiberglass and synthetic.
- Be familiar with the issues relating to code compliance.
- Be familiar with steps for the correct installation of columns.
- Specify fiberglass and wood columns.
|1 AIA LU/HSW|
This 5-Lesson course provides a solid introduction to the features and benefits of fiberglass and wood architectural columns. The course qualifies for 1 HSW (health, safety, welfare) continuing education credit from the American Institute of Architects