Sustainable Homes: Design Trends and Technology Innovations
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the optimal sequence of design decisions that lead to the creation of a high performance, sustainable home.
- Explain the purpose and goals of the Solar Decathalon program.
- List at least ten innovative technologies and/or systems that can be incorporated into a high performance home.
- Discuss how photovoltaics and other renewable energy technologies can be used to enhance the performance of a well-designed, sustainable home.
San Diego, CA Residence − Kevin deFreitas Architects © 2008 Harrison Photography
This course also qualifies for NKBA credit. After successfully passing the test for this course,
This course also qualifies for NARI. NARI Members: To receive credit, mark this course on the certification renewal application.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Lesson 1: DeFritas House
- Lesson 2: Solar Decathlon
- Lesson 3: Margarido House
- Lesson 4: Habitat House
- Lesson 5: Conscious Build