Cool Energy House: Redesigning a Contemporary Home for Deep Energy Savings
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how a renovation project can effectively balance very aggressive sustainability goals with an overarching respect for the design intent of the original home.
- Identify key HVAC, lighting and plumbing upgrades that can improve comfort – and reduce energy and water use – in a home renovation project
- Discuss US Department of Energy’s Building America program and how it supports the creation of Peak Performance homes.
- Describe how energy-audit test-in data is used along with Building Energy Optimization modeling software (BEopt) to arrive at least-cost, highest-energy upgrade decisions.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Cool Energy House: Redesigning a Contemporary Home for Deep Energy Savings