Specifying Air Barrier Membranes that Comply with Building Code Fire Safety Provisions
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why air barrier membranes and foam insulation are beneficial for use in wall assemblies.
- List the 6 basic elements of fire safety in building construction
- Explain the material and assembly properties evaluated by ASTM E 119, ASTM E 84 and NFPA 285
- Know where IBC requires NFPA 285, and explain the effects of this requirement on material and wall assembly burn performance
- Draft specification language for fire resistant air barrier membranes and wall assemblies that comply with fire safety provisions of IBC
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Specifying Air Barrier Membranes that Comply with Building Code Fire Safety Provisions