Rain Screen Assemblies and HPL Compact Composite Claddings
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify at least two principles of drained & back-ventilated rain screen cladding.
- List the design guidelines for joints, cavities, weather barriers and structural components of drained & back-ventilated rain screen cladding.
- Select appropriate cladding materials for rain screen assemblies.
- Describe at least two environmental and life cycle considerations of drained & back-ventilated rain screen cladding.
This course will discuss a solution to these issues through the introduction of the engineering and design principles of drained and back-ventilated rain screen cladding. Topics to be covered include: a brief history of rain screen cladding, the mechanics of leakage, rain screen basics, design guidelines, benefits of drained and back-ventilated RSC, selection criteria for cladding materials (including high-pressure laminate (HPL) panels), life cycle analysis and design freedom.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Rain Screen Assemblies and HPL Compact Composite Claddings