House of the Month: Case Studies
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- To understand how particular design choices were made. The architects will describe their process with regards to involvement of the client, and challenges of particular constraints (budgetary, siting, code).
- To identify effective means for communicating with clients about the budgetary/design balance.
- To discuss effective means for working with local building departments, community boards, etc.
- To understand why specific material choices were made with regards to site, climate, budget, and local vernacular.
- To understand why specific technology choices were made, specifically with regards to the project's sustainable features.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.