Finishing Gypsum Board: Appearance and Indoor Air Quality
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the significance of ASTM C840, “The Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board.
- Discern the differences between the “Five Levels of Finish” (GA-214-10), and explain the terms and operations associated with each level.
- Assess the ways that interior gypsum board finishing applications meet sustainable design criteria for indoor air quality.
- Define the ways that interior gypsum board finishing contributes to an Indoor Air Quality Management Plan.
- Determine appropriate gypsum board products to specify so a project meets or exceeds sustainable design
This presentation will review some of the basic relevant standards and the common materials and terminology used for gypsum board finishing work. Further, the 5 standard levels of finish will each be defined and discussed followed by an equally detailed discussion on indoor environmental quality standards and procedures.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Finishing Gypsum Board: Appearance and Indoor Air Quality