Acoustically Enhanced Gypsum Board Designed for High STC Wall Assemblies
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Review key acoustical concepts & terminology
- Understand current and proposed code requirements for STC ratings
- Describe existing and innovative sound reducing solutions in terms of efficiency and practicality
- Discuss the elements that affect STC ratings and what measures can be taken to improve STC ratings in wall assemblies
Participants of this course will learn about the different sound resilient assemblies available for the design and construction of high STC wall partitions. We will also discuss fire rated assemblies, area separation walls and other wall partitions that require reduced sound transmission from space to space. At the end of this presentation participants will have a better understanding of conventional construction methods as well as an innovative means of decreasing sound transmission while increasing valuable square footage.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Acoustically Enhanced Gypsum Board Designed for High STC Wall Assemblies