Specifying Foundation Flood Vents for Building Sustainability, Durability and Performance
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the effects of hydrostatic pressure on building sustainability
- Explain the role of foundation flood vents on building enclosure performance in relationship to air, water and land use
- Identify FEMA regulations and ICC building codes as they relate to sustaining foundations in flood hazard areas
- Analyze the differences between engineered and non-engineered foundation flood openings in terms of optimizing health, durability, and maintenance
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Specifying Foundation Flood Vents for Building Sustainability, Durability and Performance