The Evolution of Glass And High Performance Coatings
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify basic materials that combine to create today’s sophisticated and sustainable architectural glass products.
- Clarify the types of low-E glass available including pyrolytic and sputter coatings. Review the energy and performance advantages and disadvantages of each type.
- Define common energy terms used in the glass and glazing industry.
- Explore glass selection criteria used to assure project and performance success.
- Assess some of the current trends in the glass industry and the implications for building design and construction.
- Analyze the potential simulated energy cost savings that are possible by incorporating high performance glass into building designs.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- The Evolution of Glass And High Performance Coatings