LEED and High-Performance Glass
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Examine the elements of the US Green Building Council’s LEED® rating system that are relevant to the use of high performance glass in building envelopes.
- Assess how high performance glass can contribute to earning points under the various credit categories in the LEED® rating system.
- Compare the performance and application of various types of high performance glass used in buildings.
- Investigate successful case study designs that demonstrate the use of high performance glass in buildings that have achieved high levels of LEED® certification.
This presentation will begin with a review the current LEED® system including the version 3 updates but will then move quickly into the specifics of how glass and glazing selections can contribute to acquiring credit in the areas of improved energy performance, material use, indoor environmental quality, innovation, and regional priorities. Further it will showcase 3 case study examples of selecting and using different types of glass. With this information, architects can select the most appropriate glass products to pursue LEED® certification at all levels.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- LEED and High-Performance Glass