Upward-Acting Commercial Sectional Doors
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the main types and applications of upward acting commercial sectional doors
- Determine the components and most often specified options for each type of sectional door
- Evaluate key criteria for selecting and specifying sectional doors for various applications
- Identify important recent innovations in the construction and operation of commercial sectional doors
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the latest advances in upward acting commercial sectional doors. It reviews the characteristics, benefits and standard applications for four distinct sectional door systems. It also identifies key features −including advanced door operating systems - that architects and specifiers should look for in these products, and describes a series of innovative, new options that are available to enhance performance. The course ends with a series of case studies that illustrate how individual door systems were designed, manufactured and installed.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Lesson 1: Sectional Door Types & Applications
- Lesson 2: Sectional Door System Components
- Lesson 3: Sectional Door Operating Systems
- Lesson 4: Options & Innovations