The Beauty, Longevity, and Earth Friendly Benefits of Clay
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe at least six key characteristics of clay roofing
- Discuss at least three common misperceptions about clay roofing
- Identify seven different types of clay roofing products
- Explain what a “cool roof” is
- Discuss why clay is an effective “cool roof” material
- Describe the “green building” attributes of clay roofing
- Identify key LEED points that can be obtained with clay roofing
This course provides a comprehensive overview of recent advances in clay roofing products. The course describes the key characteristics and benefits of clay roofing, reviews a variety of different clay roofing products, explains why clay is an effective "cool roof" material, and reviews how clay roofs can qualify for LEED points.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Lesson 1: The History of Clay Roofing
- Lesson 2: Clay Roof Products
- Lesson 3: The Earth Friendly Benefits of Clay - Cool Roof Impact
- Lesson 4: Green Building with Clay