Green Technologies and Design Methods for Historic Buildings
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the environmental value of building reuse and describe methods for quantifying this value.
- Describe the difference between embodied and operational energy.
- Discuss technical and financial obstacles to the energy-efficient retrofit of existing buildings and identify strategies for overcoming these obstacles.
- Evaluate retrofit options on the basis of environmental performance and historic sensitivity.
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Green Technologies and Design Methods for Historic Buildings