Universal Design and Meeting the Needs of an Aging Population
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe current and predicted demographic trends in aging
- Describe the effect aging has on health, behavior and everyday life
- Analyze the impact that the aging population is having on environments and products
- Identify the differences between accessible design and universal design
- List the 7 principles of universal design and give an example of each
- Describe how product manufacturers are implementing universal design principles
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Universal Design and Meeting the Needs of an Aging Population