Designing and Specifying Architectural Columns
Learn At Your Own Pace - You can take this course and follow along at your own pace. Speed up, slow down, or stop now and finish later. Click "Take the Course Test" to go straight to the test and earn your credits. You'll know immediately if you have earned credits and you will be able to print out your certificate of completion instantly.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the five classical orders of architecture.
- Discuss the features of today's architectural column options.
- Discuss the features and benefits of column materials such as wood, fiberglass and synthetic.
- Be familiar with the issues relating to code compliance.
- Be familiar with steps for the correct installation of columns.
- Specify fiberglass and wood columns.
This 5-Lesson course provides a solid introduction to the features and benefits of fiberglass and wood architectural columns. The course qualifies for 1 HSW (health, safety, welfare) continuing education credit from the American Institute of Architects
This course is a presentation designed to earn you 1.00 AIA/CES Learning Unit. Use the onscreen controls to pace the presentation to your liking, and then click "Take the Course Test" to take the exam for this course and earn your credit.
- Lessons 1 & 2: Course Intro & Five Classical Orders of Architecture
- Lesson 3: Column Material Options - Fiberglass & Wood
- Lessons 4 & 5: Dimensions, Loads & Codes